On Jan 5, 2004, at 6:53 AM, Dave Thomas wrote:

> Yes: as it was part of the install target, I didn't see much point in
> splitting the target into a root and non-root part. Given that it
> seems like a good idea not to change the
>
>    make
>    make test
>    make install
>
> sequence by adding an extra step, I couldn't think of another way of
> doing it that wouldn't inconvenience developers.

First of all, let me apologize for being naturally paranoid.

I guess I was thinking that it would be nice for folks to test rdoc on
the their comments before checking in and before installing.  If there
was an rdoc target which built into the current working directory you
could optionally do this.

    make
    make test
    make rdoc
    make install

Although test and rdoc are optional steps.

-J