On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 11:53:20PM +0900, Dave Thomas wrote:

> >Does this mean that you have to have root in order to 'make rdoc'?
>
> Yes: as it was part of the install target, I didn't see much point in
> splitting the target into a root and non-root part. Given that it seems
> like a good idea not to change the
>
>    make
>    make test
>    make install
>
> sequence by adding an extra step, I couldn't think of another way of
> doing it that wouldn't inconvenience developers.

Adding an extra minute to all 'make install's sounds like it will hinder
development a lot.  Having an alternative target that does an install
without forcing documentation regeneration sounds likely to make hacking
the interpreter more pleasant.

OTOH, I'm willing to go through almost anything to get this integration
:-)  Thanks to everybody that has made it possible!

Eivind.