On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 1:15 AM, Brent Roman <brent / mbari.org> wrote:

> Yuki and Roger,
>
> I'm glad to hear these patches are working out well for you.

I assume that with 1.9 this style patch isn't as necessary as threads don't
"share garbage" between each other--is that right? [each thread could still
clean itself, but at least they don't share garbage between threads--is that
right?]

Also I might recommend renaming GC#limit to GC#malloc_limit or
GC#alloc_limit since "limit" is somewhat ambiguous--is it a limit to the
number of free pointers it will use? malloc size? [that type of thing].
Thanks so much!
-=r