Hi,

At Fri, 23 Jan 2009 05:36:05 +0900,
Brent Roman wrote in [ruby-core:21530]:

> Hi Nobu,
>
> MBARI2:
>   It was late when I compared the patches.  If you are actually
>   rewinding the stack, that's even better than this patch's technique
>   of linking directly to the base frame to skip around the parent
>   threads stacks while leaving them in place.
>
> MBARI4:
>   I meant that I don't use emacs anymore, so I won't test against it.
>   Even so, I wish you would explain what about this patch confused
>   Emacs c-mode.el so I can avoid such constructs in future.
>   I'm guessing it had something to do with the NOINLINE function
>   declarations, but I'm still not sure.

I seemed missing something.  It indents like:

NOINLINE(static VALUE
	 eval_match2(self, node))
VALUE self;
NODE *node;

This isn't bad too much, but c-beginning-of-defun jumps to the
beginning of the line `NODE *node;' line, not eval_match2.

Also, since VC8 needs prototype declaration or definition
for noinline, your patch causes compile error with it.

# I won't object you even if you were propose to drop the
# support for VC8 or later :)

> Do you think you will merge these changes into the 1.8.6 release?

We'll have to merge them into the 1.8 head first.

--
Nobu Nakada