Hi,

At Wed, 21 Jan 2009 18:21:19 +0900,
Brent Roman wrote in [ruby-core:21483]:
> Regarding the patches already applied to HEAD:
>
> MBARI1:
>   Can you explain why the Continuation#thread method is not acceptable?
>   It does seem to be an intrinsic property of every Continuation and
>   without this method, one must often maintain a separate (weak) reference
>   to the thread on which each continuation operates.

I don't say it's not acceptable.  It's not a part of the bug
fix, so should be another request.

> MBARI2:
>   I like push/pop_thread_anchor() better than my hack to hide other threads' stacks.
>   However, I don't see code in rb_thread_save_context() to copy *only* the active
>   stack for each thread.  This is a very important optimization.
>   Are you doing this optimization some other way that I am overlooking?
>   (To see how important it can be, try running my bogus1.rb and bogus2.rb benchmarks)

What do you mean by "active stack"?  The stack region which is
actually used by thread?  The current code reduces those erea
by rewinding the stack.

> MBARI4:
>   I'll be happy to incorporate your clever eval_body() #define.
>   It cleans the static inline function decls up nicely.  Does it also restore the Emacs c-mode.el
>   compatibility?  If this isn't what bothers emacs, please explain, and I'll try to code around it.
>   (Please understand that I haven't used emacs in any serious way for 15 years,
>    when I discovered nedit :-)

Compatibility against older Emacs?  I can't test it now.

--
Nobu Nakada