Hi Nobu,

Yes, I plan to rebase my patches against the HEAD after I move them to git.
This should also make it easier for me to separate features from fixes.
I'll be traveling next week, so expect something in 2-3 weeks.

Regarding the patches already applied to HEAD:

MBARI1:
  Can you explain why the Continuation#thread method is not acceptable?
  It does seem to be an intrinsic property of every Continuation and
  without this method, one must often maintain a separate (weak) reference
  to the thread on which each continuation operates.

MBARI2:
  I like push/pop_thread_anchor() better than my hack to hide other threads'
stacks.
  However, I don't see code in rb_thread_save_context() to copy *only* the
active
  stack for each thread.  This is a very important optimization.
  Are you doing this optimization some other way that I am overlooking?
  (To see how important it can be, try running my bogus1.rb and bogus2.rb
benchmarks)

MBARI4:
  I'll be happy to incorporate your clever eval_body() #define.
  It cleans the static inline function decls up nicely.  Does it also
restore the Emacs c-mode.el
  compatibility?  If this isn't what bothers emacs, please explain, and I'll
try to code around it.
  (Please understand that I haven't used emacs in any serious way for 15
years,
   when I discovered nedit :-)

MBARI5:
  Your version avoids the small cost of the alloca() when the only needs to
grow by a small amount.
  Very nice.

- brent