Folks:

All the RDoc documentation for the core interpreter is now complete.
Now I'd like to arrange things so that when you install Ruby you also
install the documentation.

I see a couple of options here:

1. Add a make target so that we generate and install the documentation
on the user's machine when they install Ruby. During the installation,
it would run the command

    rdoc --all --op <sysdir> --ri *.c

This takes about a minute on my 1GHz laptop

2. An alternative would be having all the documentation pre-extracted
on ruby-lang, and to include that documentation in the CVS/tarball, so
that all the installation has to do is to copy the files into the
user's directory tree. This would save time during each installation.

So, what are the merits of each approach? If we were to go with (2),
should we hook into CVS to make sure the documentation on ruby-lang is
always updated when someone checks in?

Cheers

Dave