Issue #1008 has been updated by Chauk-Mean Proum.

> shell version of those commands confuse windows users who does not have sh.
I'm sorry but I really don't understand your argument.

Most Windows users use Ruby One Click Installer which provide both shell and bat scripts of commands.
There is no problem in having shell and bat scripts side by side.
I don't expect most Windows users having a look inside the bin directory and I haven't seen any complaints about a possible confusion issue.

The side by side installation of shell and bat scripts of commands is not specific to the One Click Installer.
It is how rubygems work for ruby-1.8 and ruby-1.9 on all Windows platforms (MinGW and MSVC).
On Windows, when you install a gem that include a command (e.g. RedCloth), both shell and bat scripts are installed.

Thanks in advance for reconsidering this issue.
This doesn't harm normal Windows users and this will make life easier for "more advanced" Windows users.
At least, there should be an optional way (e.g. an option in configure) to install the shell scripts.

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org