Hello Nobu, Luis,

Many thanks for detecting and fixing this bug.
(I removed the ID from the subject because I don't think
this message should show up in the bug tracker.)

BTW, when compiling enc/trans/gb18030.c, on cygwin
we get warning messages of the following form:

/cygdrive/c/......./Temp/cc1gVWpf.s: Assembler messages:
/cygdrive/c/......./Temp/cc1gVWpf.s:149974: Warning: .stabs: description field '174af' too big, try a diferent debug format

There's roughly 60 such messages, with slightly different line numbers
and with various (but sometimes the same) field ids.

It's clear to me what these messages mean in general.
It's clear that gb18030.c contains some huge tables,
and that it's stressing the debug format.

However, I have no idea whether this is a cygwin problem
or a more general problem, and I have no idea what I should
do about it, if anything can be done about it.

Please do note that we are working on reducing the table
size further, but probably only by 25-30%. If you think
that will help, we'll make sure we can complete this quickly.

Any help appreciated.      Regards,    Martin.