Brian Mitchell wrote:
> It seems to be more interface based rather than disallowing the access
> of Proc bindings.
>
> Proc#binding seems to still be there. I assume you'd have to avoid
> such assumptions once a proc's binding is accessed, directly or
> indirectly, and rollback prior optimizations that depend on those
> assumptions.

Hmm, well then it's still essentially there. There's no way to "roll
back assumptions" since the assumptions are that nothing can modify your
variables unless you give them access to do so. And apparently, calling
a method with a block is still considered giving them access. Bummer.

I stand by my assertion that blocks being usable as bindings is a breach
of trust (my locals are sacred), and should not be in the language.

- Charlie