On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Nobuyoshi Nakada <nobu / ruby-lang.org> wrot=
e:
> Hi,
>
> At Wed, 7 Jan 2009 11:55:55 +0900,
> Luis Lavena wrote in [ruby-core:21181]:
>> This is important for me since I need to strip build path from the
>> file to allow portability to other computer locations.
>
> On Windows, no files should contain the build path.  Could you
> elaborate?

on Windows I need to strip the path from rbconfig:

http://github.com/luislavena/rubyinstaller/tree/master/recipes/interpreter/=
ruby18.rake#L87-111

If I take the build from garbagecollect, the rbconfig has that clear
(empty) while the one built from source contains the path.

I need to locate the rbconfig file and do the cleaning manually.

In 1.8, the rbconfig is located in the folder structure by MAYOR dot
MINOR, while in 1.9.1 it contains the 3 parts of the version.

This render useless the scripts that perform the substitution in the
rbconfig file (since they couldn't locate the path).

Also, bring the issue with newer version like 1.9.2 and so on... what
will happen after a upgrade from version then?

--=20
Luis Lavena
AREA 17
-