Brent,

A report from the field...

We have been using your patches in a production Rails environment
since you released them, and this is on x86_64-linux.

We notice no problems, ruby works well and is significantly faster.

And to keep up to date, we just applied patch MBARI7 (from
http://sites.google.com/site/brentsrubypatches/ ) with the default
configuration.  FWIW we see a further small performance improvement,
something like 5% on a rough measurement.

Just a note on your build instructions: the
-mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 flag causes configure to fail on OSX,
complaining that it can't find the size of int (the program to do so
segfaults).  And that setting is not accepted by gcc on x86_64 because
it needs the boundary to be 4 or more.  In both cases I removed the
option and all works fine.

Regards,
Stephen