Dave Thomas wrote:
> I'm seeing very strange behavior at the irb prompt with ruby 1.9.1
> (2009-01-06 patchlevel-5000 trunk 21356) [i386-darwin9.6.0]
>
> I can enter some accented characters (such as ), but not other
> characters (such as ,  and ). Some of those other characters echo as
> ?, while others are ignored.
>
> If I disable readline, then everything works OK.

We have the same problem with JRuby and Readline.

[headius @ 247:~/projects/jruby]
 jirb
irb(main):001:0> puts '?'

=> nil
irb(main):002:0> quit
[headius @ 247:~/projects/jruby]
 jirb --noreadline
irb(main):001:0> puts ''

=> nil
irb(main):002:0> quit

Glad to hear this is affecting 1.9 as well (well, not really *glad* per
se) since it means it's probably a bug in either readline itself or
something goofy about OS X terminal. I'd love to know what's causing it
though.

- Charlie