Bug #995: CONFIG['topdir'] defined '1.9.1' instead of '1.9'

Author: Luis Lavena
Category: core, Target version: 1.9.1 RC2
Reproducible Version: 1.9.1 RC1

While working on the new One-Click installer, noticed this change the
the folder structure between 1.8 and 1.9.1

On 1.8, RbConfig::CONFIG['topdir'] defines MAYOR dot MINOR as
part of the folder structure for libraries and such
(lib/ruby/1.8/i386-mingw32)

While 1.9.1 set the version and the directory to MAYOR.MINOR and
TEENY, affecting the folder structure where rbconfig is located:
/lib/ruby/1.9.1/i386-mingw32)

This is important for me since I need to strip build path from the
file to allow portability to other computer locations.

I see that future 1.9.2 or 1.9.4 versions will break many setups,
making upgrade from versions a bit complicated.

Is the change intentional?

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org