Issue #993 has been updated by Joachim Wuttke.

It is not that easy to reproduce the warning. I am issuing the `ls ..` command ten seconds, and I get only a couple of warning messages per day, at irregular intervals. I should also explain that the directory I am running the ls against is mounted via NFS. Probably the warning only appears when a network congestion causes some delay in the execution of ls.

I would approach the problem in a very different way: Since IO#read is obsolete, I would search for obsolete lines in the Ruby source. Unfortunately, my knowledge of CRuby (the program) is basically zero so that I have no idea where to start searching.

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org