>For those who want to work less, here's what to do:
>
>     git clone git://github.com/doudou/ruby.git
>     git checkout mbari7

Hi Sylvain, I didn't remember you had already done this -- of course
that's *much* less work!

My intro is intended to help Brent (and anybody else), who hadn't
used git to be able to do something similar -- make and share a patch
set on Ruby using git.  Instead of adding to the previous "moving
Ruby to Git" thread  I looked for a more practical contribution to
make to the topic. Brent has a set of very interesting patches he
want's people to test, wasn't using git, and asked for an gentle
intro. However my intro is the opposite of gentle -- it's designed to
get someone quickly into the "deep end of the pool" with references
to a couple of books and videos about "how to use a paddle".