On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 4:13 AM, Justin Collins <justincollins / ucla.edu> wro=
te:
> Luis Lavena wrote:
>>
>> Hello All,
>> (Sorry to spam the list, but this is the third time I try to post and
>> ruby-core list mangles my message due UTF-8 setting).
>>
>> While working on the new One-Click installer, noticed this change the
>> the folder structure between 1.8 and 1.9.1
>>
>> On 1.8, RbConfig::CONFIG['ruby_version'] defines MAYOR dot MINOR as
>> part of the folder structure for libraries and such
>> (lib/ruby/1.8/i386-mingw32)
>>
>> While 1.9.1 set the version and the directory to MAYOR.MINOR and
>> TEENY, affecting the folder structure where rbconfig is located:
>> /lib/ruby/1.9.1/i386-mingw32)
>>
>> This is important for me since I need to strip build path from the
>> file to allow portability to other computer locations.
>>
>> I see that future 1.9.2 or 1.9.4 versions will break many setups,
>> making upgrade from versions a bit complicated.
>>
>> Is the change intentional?
>>

> Off-topic, but all four of your emails looked fine to me (using
> Thunderbird).

For some strange reason the emails from ruby-core just arrived today,
accessing the web based ruby_core display them in base64:

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-core/21179

--=20
Luis Lavena
AREA 17