On Wed, 31 Dec 2003, Dave Thomas wrote:

# Folks:
#
# I'm trying to track down an RDoc problem under Windows, but I'm coming
# across a Ruby build issue.
#
# I downloaded the CVS HEAD into a separate directory, and rm -rf'd my
# \usr directory.
#
# I then said
#
#      win32\configure
#      nmake
#      nmake install
#
# This correctly installs Ruby and all the libraries under \usr. However,
# my $: variable doesn't reference these directories. Instead it seems to
# be relative to the Ruby source directory:
#
#     ruby -e "p $:"
#     [ "C:/work/ruby/ruby19/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9", ....]
#
#

This is probably a stupid question, but is it possible you're picking up
the ruby executable from C:/work/ruby/ruby19 when you're running that
one-liner?  Windows doesn't require you to explicitly add ./ to the path,
as I'm sure you know very well but may forget as you use a Macintosh all
the time. :)

Forgive me if this was too obnoxiously obvious.
Chad