On Jan 2, 2009, at 17:25 PM, Nikolai Weibull wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 00:34, Eric Hodel <drbrain / segment7.net> wrote:
>> git is the most user-unfriendly a piece of software I've had the
>> misfortune
>> of using.
>
> Enough with the comments without actual substance already.  This is
> getting us nowhere.
>
> Do some actual research, or take part of some of the research that has
> already been done by people who actually know what they're talking
> about, for example, http://whygitisbetterthanx.com/#easy-to-learn.
>
> I don't really care what SCM the MRI developers use and I don't
> understand why everyone seems to think that they are entitled to an
> opinion about it, but it's time to get over this meaningless and
> repeated discussion.

I think I'm entitled to an opinion on the subject because I am a
committer, and I cited my experiences in forming my opinion.  (It
turns out that I'm not alone in this opinion.)

> So can we please have a long discussion about how people like me
> shouldn't try to stifle discussions on mailing lists instead?

I think your email is useful and relevant.

> Or at least get our facts straight and present valid cases for the
> SCMs that we prefer?

Part of one paragraph in the message you responded to straightened
facts.  I prefer that things stay as they are (using subversion).