On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Florian Gilcher <flo / andersground.net> wrote:
> Darcs still has no concept of branches. I quite like that. It gives a better
> overview on your file system. Every "branch" is still laid out like you
> would have it in SVN or something like that.

Although I've never used darcs, the inability to properly handle
branches was actually one of the reasons why I gladly moved away from
mercurial (my first dscm).

The upside of git is that it doesn't _force_ you to work with separate
checkouts for separate branches, although you _can_ do it: just clone
the local repo --git is even smart enough to hardlink blobs when
possible. I say this is a strong vote in favour of git, as it allows
both branching workflows (in-place and separate checkout).

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta