EustŠ“uio Rangel wrote:
> remember that
> Git is used to keep projects like the Linux kernel and take a look
> again on it.

I am remembering a line from AWDR -- something about everything being
done for historical reasons. That's precisely why there is a Git and why
the Linux kernel uses it. The Linux kernel used to be maintained in a
system called BitKeeper. Linus Torvalds asked the developer(s) of
BitKeeper to release it as an open source project. They either couldn't
or wouldn't, so Linus developed Git as a replacement.

The point is that the Ruby community is different from the Linux
community in SCM use cases, community structure, etc. So the argument
that it's used for the Linux kernel doesn't impress me.

> I think it would be cool (ops) to have the Ruby source
> code on a git repository.

"A Git repository?" I think the original poster had Github as one of the
primary motivators for the switch. I don't think "any old Git
repository" would be acceptable.

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, FBG, AB, PTA, PGS, MS, MNLP, NST, ACMC(P), WOM