On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 00:34, Eric Hodel <drbrain / segment7.net> wrote:

> git is the most user-unfriendly a piece of software I've had the misfortune
> of using.

Enough with the comments without actual substance already.  This is
getting us nowhere.

Do some actual research, or take part of some of the research that has
already been done by people who actually know what they're talking
about, for example, http://whygitisbetterthanx.com/#easy-to-learn.

I don't really care what SCM the MRI developers use and I don't
understand why everyone seems to think that they are entitled to an
opinion about it, but it's time to get over this meaningless and
repeated discussion.  (Check, for example,
http://listlibrary.net/ruby-core/2006/11/0066A0F8, in which I go off
the deep end and, ironically, you, Eric, mail me an off-list "thank
you" (or should I perhaps call it a ""thank you""?).  I guess the
Haskellesque joke in this is that even history is recursive.)

So can we please have a long discussion about how people like me
shouldn't try to stifle discussions on mailing lists instead?

Or at least get our facts straight and present valid cases for the
SCMs that we prefer?