Hi, Gavin,

It was snow in Japan.  How was your hot Xmas?

Latest stable version (1.8.X) is packed every night and posted to ftp
as "Stable snapshot" in http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/20020102.html
Maybe it's up-to-you thing but I like the CVS always new.

Sooner or later, main trunc(1.9) will have many drastic changes
(I hope).  Some library should not work.  Applying same changes to
either 1.9 and 1.8 might be hard work.  Don't worry about it too much.
Tomorrow is a new day. :-)

All these comments are from my 2 yen.  I'm only a library developer.

Regards,
// NaHi