Issue #633 has been updated by Ed Borasky.


A little good news:

1. I can get rid of the library issue on my system. 
2. I found the error in "/ext/dl/test/test_base.rb" that's causing the library issue. I don't know about how to port this to other distros, though.

  1 require 'test/unit'
  2 require 'dl'
  3 
  4 case RUBY_PLATFORM
  5 when /cygwin/
  6   LIBC_SO = "cygwin1.dll"
  7   LIBM_SO = "cygwin1.dll"
  8 when /linux/
  9   LIBC_SO = "/lib/libc.so.6"
 10   LIBM_SO = "/lib/libm.so.6"

Other distros must symlink "/lib" to "/lib64". In any event when I changed the constants to point to "/lib64" the library errors went away. So there probably needs to be two branches in the "case" -- one for 32-bit Linux and one for 64-bit Linux. I'll go ahead and file another bug to that effect specific to openSUSE 11.1 / x64

The bad news is that if I fix the library issue, I get segfaults now. But that's really good news; "gdb" should be able to help narrow this down. I'll see if I can get a C-level traceback next.

----------------------------------------
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/show/633

----------------------------------------
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org