I've finally put together the promised set of patches against version
1.8.7-p72 and posted them at:

http://sites.google.com/site/brentsrubypatches

From that page:

Aside from bug fixes, the primary goal of these patches is to reduce the
memory consumption of the 1.8 series Ruby interpreters.  Happily, these same
techniques tend also to increase the speed of most applications, but speed
increase was not my primary concern. 

Each of the six patches below (mbari1-6) fixes a specific problem with or
optimizes some facet of the Ruby interpreter.  The patches were intended to
be applied in order, starting with official interpreter release
1.8.7-patchlevel72 from ruby-lang.org.  However, you may be able to apply
only a subset of them if you don't want a particular feature or
optimization.

Until more people test them, this must all be treated as alpha quality
software. ...

My development environment today is 32-bit Intel x86 Linux compiling with
gcc version 4.3.2.  I've tried to keep these patches portable to other
platforms, but will make no such claims until others have tested them there. 
If you test these under MS-Windows, I'll be interested and try to be
helpful, but I won't be able to verify your results.

Please post any bugs, flames, benchmark results, requests for improvement,
etc. to the ruby-core mailing list by replying to this message.



-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/-ruby-core%3A19846---Bug--744--memory-leak-in-callcc--tp20447794p21112813.html
Sent from the ruby-core mailing list archive at Nabble.com.