Bug #871: Segfault when define_method is setting up a method that takes a block

Author: Paul Harvey

I'm getting back in to Ruby and decided to work with 1.9.

At http://www.infoq.com/news/2008/01/new-lambda-syntax I was looking at some changes since 1.8 regarding lambdas.

The example code there works fine on Ruby 1.8 but segfaults Debian's packaged version of Ruby 1.9 (1.9.0+20060609-1etch3), and also ruby-1.9.1-preview2 that I just compiled and tested (using --prefix=/usr/local).

I'm running Debian Etch on intel hardware.

I set the priority to High only because this bug produces a segfault, not because it actually impacts me in any important way.

See attached test code and shell session.

Thanks

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org