Tomas Matousek wrote:
> But this only means we are missing a sandbox feature. If there was a simple way how to create a new sandboxed environment and execute a Ruby script within it and then remotely inspect the results then irb could use that.
>
> BTW: You can do it in IronRuby: :)

JRuby as well, either by instantiating a new JRuby instance directly or
by using Evan Phoenix's MVM API (which does the same thing under the covers.

There is also work going on to add MVM support to 1.9. Check out the
branch, I believe it's functional already (or very close). Talk to ko1
or nobu if you have more questions about that implementation. We will
match Ruby-level APIs as they evolve.

- Charlie