Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:20217] Re: Behavior: autoload calls rb_require() directly"
    on Wed, 3 Dec 2008 02:57:13 +0900, Dave Thomas <dave / pragprog.com> writes:

|If you're worried about fragility, then isn't the ability to redefine
|Fixnum#+ more of an issue?

I mentioned about fragility just because that will be an issue for
Ruby 2.0.  For MRI replacing core methods affect less, just because
core functionality is done by C functions.  But implantation like
Rubinius suffers more.  I think we will soon need to start discussing
separating/protecting core implementation from user code by some kind
of namespaces or packages.

							matz.