On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 04:47:46AM +0900, Brent Roman wrote:
> I've traced the reliability issues with continuations to the fact that
> the GC object mark function for them is incorrect, and posted
> a patch to fix this in v1.8.6 about a year ago.  That fix was never
> implemented

I know what you mean. My own small patches (just to fix compatibility for
uClibc(*)) were also ignored.

This is what I meant when I said "not find much interest": of course the
user base is hugely interested in the development of the robust 1.8 code.
I'm just unconvinced that the ruby core developers are.

Even now that ruby 1.9 is supposedly no longer a moving target, I certainly
have no plans to move to it in any production environment. I just don't want
the pain of all those broken libraries and frameworks. Maybe in a year or
two.

Regards,

Brian.

(*) I'm interested in resource-limited platforms too. ruby 1.8 installs fine
on OpenWrt boxes with 4MB of flash, if you trim the standard libraries a
bit.