On Dec 1, 2008, at 1:29 AM, Brian Candler wrote:

>> What I did come up with was not ugly at all.  Factor the unwieldy
>> switch
>> statement of rb_eval() into separate functions to handle each node
>> type
>
> Did you replace the whole switch statement with a dispatch table? That
> sounds like a sensible thing to do anyway.
>
> OTOH, if this is for ruby 1.8.x, I'm afraid you may not find much
> interest
> in such changes while the focus is all on 1.9.

	Actually I think you will find a *ton* of interest in this for the
1.8.* branch. There are thousands of production apps that are not
going to move to 1.9 anytime soon and any improvements to 1.8.* thread
and callcc handling like this would be very welcome.

Thanks
Ezra Zygmuntowicz
ez / engineyard.com