Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:20109] Re: 1.9, encoding & win32 wide char support"
    on Wed, 26 Nov 2008 12:26:53 +0900, "Bill Kelly" <billk / cts.com> writes:

|> Does anyone have information as to the current status of
|> adding Unicode-savvy path handling to 1.9 ruby?
|
|Ugh.  Sorry, I mean of course: Unicode-savvy path handling
|on *win32* ruby 1.9.

Every path encoding is UTF-8 and converted to UTF-16 internally.  If
there's something still use *A functions, it will eventually replaced
by *W functions.  In short, if you're using UTF-8 for your program
encoding, you should not see any problem  (if you do, it's a bug).

							matz.