Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:20096] Re: [Bug #796] dynamic constant assignment"
    on Wed, 26 Nov 2008 03:42:29 +0900, Jim Deville <jdeville / microsoft.com> writes:

|What about a conditional dynamic assignment. It would be nice to have an idiom such as:
|
|CONST ||= "foo"
|
|I've wanted this in the initializer before, and I end up using a ternary and Module#const_set

Please understand constants are constants.  Adding such features might
be useful for some cases, I admit, but it makes constants more and
more like mere variables.  In my opinion, making constants mere
variables do not buy you much in the long term.

							matz.