Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:20092] [Bug #797] bug or feature: local method ?"
    on Wed, 26 Nov 2008 03:20:35 +0900, Francois Proulx <redmine / ruby-lang.org> writes:

|It's possible to create a method inside a method. I've never see any mention of this in any documentation. It's a feature that is officially part the spec of the language or it's a bug ?

Even though it's syntactically allowed, we have never made it
"official".  The current behavior is useless.  It's not a bug either.
It's undocumented and should not be used nor touched.  I'd like to
spare this syntax for the future.

							matz.