Hi,

In message "Re: Where to install documentation"
    on 03/12/17, Chad Fowler <chad / chadfowler.com> writes:

|I believe what Matz means (correct me please, matz) is that Gems that are
|a standard part of the Ruby distribution (like RDoc, for example), should
|install their docs under the Ruby tree (/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/doc, or
|what-have-you) and that Gems that aren't part of the standard ruby
|distribution should put their docs in site_ruby somewhere.
|
|Makes sense to me, if I'm reading correctly.

Thank you for reading my brain for me. ;-)

|I'm guessing this means that matz would prefer to install the actual
|libraries in the same manner for gems.  We'll need to move things around a
|bit if that's the case.

No, I just don't want to change the standard directory hierarchy for
Gem's sake.  If gems want to install their files in their own
structure (and actually it does), it must be handled in the process of
packaging gems.  Thus Dave Thomas need not to worry about the gem
directory.  If gems need something like common prefix variable in the
makefiles, that's fine.

							matz.