--=-1227559323-757154-2498-2438-16-=

Excerpts from rogerpack2005's message of Sat Nov 22 18:18:52 -0500 2008:
> I assume they both use the same version of rdoc?  Do they both
> consistently output the same [yet different from each other docs]? How
> does it compare to other systems?

Well, the process I'm using to build everything is managed by GAR, so
the only differences (are supposed to be) actual platform,
arch-specific compiler flags and the target specific .so files.  The
input source tarball is the same file.  The same options are passed to
configure (excepting minor differences for architecture).  The rdoc
used is the one provided with the source.  Results are repeatable ad
nauseum.  I just ran the same process on the solaris 10 build machines
and came up with:

$ diff 10-i386.txt 10-sparc.txt
1773a1774
> ./IRB/Context/_set_last_value-i.yaml
6234a6236
> ./RSS/Rss/Channel/Item/_setup_maker_element-i.yaml

Both machines reported the following at the end of their run:
Files:   549
Classes: 1630
Modules: 835
Methods: 8459

Again, any insight is appreciated.  Even an acknowledgment that this
is expected behaviour would be fine.

Thanks
-Ben
--
Ben Walton
Systems Programmer - CHASS

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.