Hi,

as some of you might have noticed, Wolfgang N=E1dasi-Donner and I had a =20=

look into the new Fiber feature of Ruby 1.9. Aside from the bugs[1] it =20=

is also evident that the documentation for Fibers is severely lacking =20=

(as in: non-existant). We have a hard time finding actual =20
documentation and reasons for most things concerning Fibers. That =20
leads to the general question: Should missing, incomplete or erroneous =20=

documentation be considered and filed as a bug more aggressively?

There is a bug-category DOC, but it doesn't seem to be used very =20
often. [2]

There are several reasons to make this a good move:

* The obvious quality improvement.
* Documentation is a good start for people that want to get involved =20
and have a look around the interpreter.
* Documentation tasks can be picked up by people that are not the =20
implementors.
* Easier to keep track of the dark corners.

Reasons against might be:
* Could be considered as noise from developers/ticket-managers - =20
especially when a feature is new in trunk.

On a side-note, it might be nice to have a wikipage regarding the =20
policies on how to report bugs. Thats why I am asking: I am totally =20
unsure whether I step on someones feet when I start to file bugs in =20
that category.

Regards,
Florian Gilcher

P.S.: On a second side-note: on the assumption that a most visitors of =20=

the redmine-site don't speak japanese, it might be nice to explicitly =20=

state on the frontpage that the wiki is bilingual. I know that some =20
people at my office were irritated by this.

[1]: In one case (Fibers don't call initialize) we don't know whether =20=

it is a bug, because the behaviour is non-standard and undocumented - =20=

but could be intended.
[2]: The category has a total of 3 tickets.=