On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Dave Thomas wrote:

#
# On Dec 15, 2003, at 20:46, Gavin Sinclair wrote:
# > Using the standard install.rb, anything you include in a project's
# > "data"
# > directory will be installed to /usr/share/<package> or equivalent.
# >
#
# I have to say I really dislike this: I know it's probably "standard",
# but is ends up spraying files all over the filesystem. It would seem so
# much more sensible to store files under a common subtree, so that
# removing Ruby from a system takes no more than an rm -rf.

Or to "install" Ruby, you could just cp -r.  I really like that aspect as
well.

Chad