Hi,

In message "Re: Where to install documentation"
    on 03/12/16, Dave Thomas <dave / pragprog.com> writes:

|> I think data for standard tools should be somewhere under
|>
|>   $prefix/lib/ruby/<ver>
|>
|> e.g. /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/doc/rdoc
|
|Matz:
|
|That's where I went initially, but then I got thinking. Say RubyGems
|supports automatic installation of documentation. Should it go into
|site_ruby?

It should be done by RubyGems, i.e. gems installer should switch
installing directory depending on how it's going to install.  When a
gem is installed as a part of system's packages, the gem (including
documents) should be installed to the standard place.  Otherwise, it
should go to site_ruby directory.

							matz.