On Dec 15, 2003, at 20:46, Gavin Sinclair wrote:
> Using the standard install.rb, anything you include in a project's
> "data"
> directory will be installed to /usr/share/<package> or equivalent.

I have to say I really dislike this: I know it's probably "standard",
but is ends up spraying files all over the filesystem. It would seem so
much more sensible to store files under a common subtree, so that
removing Ruby from a system takes no more than an rm -rf. Having used
OSX for I while, I guess I'm spoiled, but I'd really much, much rather
keep the files local to the Ruby tree.

Cheers

Dave