On Nov 6, 2008, at 08:06 , Jan Maurits Faber wrote:

> (in case the UTF-8 characters don't come across: I just replaced
> several characters with mathematical symbols)

doesn't this sum up at least one of the problems with the proposal?

Another is "cognitive load", all you're doing is shifting the load
over to the developer to have to figure out how to type such symbols.
I certainly don't know how to type much of any math/logical characters
in unicode with ease. You do mention improving text editors to insert
the symbols for us, but that seems like you just cancelled out the
benefit at that stage. What do you get at that point, besides arguably
prettier code?