I'm updating my SqlStatement gem http://sqlstatement.rubyforge.org/ to be
compatible with Ruby 1.9, and owing to totally different ways of doing s-
expressions in Ruby 1.8 (which required RubyNode) and 1.9 (which can trap
the not and != operators as methods, so I can use the interpreter itself
to generate everything I need in an s-expression), the Ruby 1.9 version
no longer requires a dependency on RubyNode. In fact, RubyNode doesn't
exist for 1.9 AFAICT.

Is there a way to reate a Ruby 1.8 flavor of the gem and another Ruby 1.9
flavor. I'd like the gems to have the same name and live side-by side on
RubyForge. It doesn't look the RubyGem metadata is flexible enough for
this.

--Ken

http://www.iit.edu/~kbloom1/