Yes, the feature of branch ruby_1_9_1 was already frozen. But the fork
of the branch made the trunk free. Now ruby_1_9_1 is for 1.9.1, and
trunk is for 1.9.2.

On the other hand, most of standard library need changes for
multilingualization, supporting default_internal in particular. So I
think this kind of changes should be allowed even in ruby_1_9_1.
I hope multilingualization of standard libraries will finish by the next
preview release.

You can commit into ruby_1_9_1 until 2008-12-21T00:00:00 UTC. After the
time, I wouldn't like you to do without my permission. And the branch
ruby_1_9_1 will be cooled down until 2009-01-25. I expect the branch
become stable enough to release by the time.

Regards,
--
Yugui (Yuki Sonoda) <yugui / yugui.jp>
http://yugui.jp