On Saturday 13 December 2003 03:41 pm, Austin Ziegler wrote:
> I'm curious, because what Tom was suggesting is:
>
>    attribute :a, +:r, -:w
>
> (I disagree with his meaning for +/-, but...)

I take it you're specifically refering to:

  def +@; "#{self}_".intern; end
? def -@; "_#{self}".intern; end

hmm. I don't think its "perfect" myself, in that it might make more sense if
-@ took away an underscore, but all in all, can you think of a better meaning
for unary + and - for a Symbol?

> So what if I want to create
> an attribute named "+r" that's a reader/writer (e.g., :+r, not +:+r or
> -:+r)?

I don't see how that could work in matz' notation. At least not without an
additional character that would mean accessor.

In symbol notation, by the way, you'd have

since :+r by itself gives a syntax error.

--
T.