Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:19550] Re: String literal encoding (Was: Default source encoding (Was: [Bug #680] csv.rb: CSV.parse is toolate when encoding is mismatch))"
    on Tue, 28 Oct 2008 00:12:46 +0900, James Gray <james / grayproductions.net> writes:

|I wasn't aware -KU still worked though, as Michael pointed out.  I
|thought for sure I had tried that and got a warning about it being
|ignored now.
|
|It may be that the TextMate team could use that.  What all does it set
|in 1.9?  Source encoding obviously.  It seems to affect
|default_external as well, but not touch default_internal.  Do I have
|that right?  Does it have any other special effects?

-Ku (or -KU) specifies to

  * default script encoding to be UTF-8
  * default_external encoding to be UTF-8 unless it's specified
    previously by -E or -U
  * do not touch default_internal

|Will -KU stay supported for the foreseeable future?

Yes.

							matz.