On Oct 27, 2008, at 7:07 AM, Nobuyoshi Nakada wrote:

> Anyway, I think I understand the needs to specify source
> encoding without magic comments.  Is the option for that
> purpose an acceptable solution?

I believe so, yes.

I wasn't aware -KU still worked though, as Michael pointed out.  I
thought for sure I had tried that and got a warning about it being
ignored now.

It may be that the TextMate team could use that.  What all does it set
in 1.9?  Source encoding obviously.  It seems to affect
default_external as well, but not touch default_internal.  Do I have
that right?  Does it have any other special effects?

Will -KU stay supported for the foreseeable future?

James Edward Gray II