Group,

I have a Ruby Utility that have have been using
a long time that scans my main directory and reports
the size of each directory.  It has worked for two years
and now all of a sudden there has been a change in
1.8.7 that causes a "too many open files" exception.

This change may have been introduced in the last couple
of months.

I ran the same program with 1.9.0 and it DOES NOT
exhibit the problem.

I can provide the utility if needed to reproduce the problem.

Chuck T.

--
Competency and chastity have much in common,
they both encompass their own punishment!

-- C.E. Thornton -- Hawthorne Press --