On Dec 11, 2003, at 20:37, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> In message "Re: --enable-pthread broken?"
>     on 03/12/12, Nathaniel Talbott <nathaniel / talbott.ws> writes:
>
> |Unfortunately, with a slight modification to keep the killer running
> |even if some threads time out, the killer will now lock completely
> |sometimes with the same characteristics as reported in
> |[ruby-talk:87519]. Here's the line from top:
> |
> |    PID USER     WCHAN     STAT %CPU %MEM   TIME COMMAND
> |   5502 ntalbott rt_sigsus S     0.0 21.8   1:15 bin/ruby
> |/home/ntalbott/sandbox/killer.rb
>
> That indicates me that I have to fight with [ruby-talk:87519] anyway.

Unfortunately it does look that way. pthreads turned out to be a rabbit
trail (although I think a bug was fixed by Nobu's patch).

> sigh.

I sigh with you :-(

> OK, I will inspect.

In further testing, I've been able to hang the killer twice more. While
reproducing the problem is intermittent, with persistence it IS
reproducable (at least with my configuration). I haven't tried it with
gdb yet; that's the next step.

Thanks,

Nathaniel

<:((><