At 10:09 08/10/19, Michael Selig wrote:
>On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 03:43:32 +1100, Yukihiro Matsumoto
><matz / ruby-lang.org> wrote:
>

>> As far as I know, the issues are:
>>
>>   * some case conversion does not map one to one (German eszett)
>>   * some case conversion does not round trip (German eszett)
>>   * some case conversion rely on locale (Turkish i)
>>
>> Are there any other issues?  How big are they?  Can they be ignored?
>
>I believe that there are a few more issues eg: context sensitivity, a
>letter lowercases/uppercases differently when at the start or end of a
>word.

The Greek Sigma may be seen as such a case, but actually, there may
be constructed words/terms where a final lower case sigma is appropriate
even in the middle of a character sequence.

>I think it is also possible that a "title-cased" word (uppercase
>first letter and lowercase remainder) has a different "title" uppercase
>than the "normal" uppercase.
>
>Please see http://unicode.org/reports/tr21/tr21-5.html

Some of this may have changed slightly. Please
see the pointers from http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr21/
for the newest information.

Regards,   Martin.