Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:19387] Re: multibyte case conversion (Re:  Re: Constant names in 1.9)"
    on Sun, 19 Oct 2008 10:09:03 +0900, "Michael Selig" <michael.selig / fs.com.au> writes:

|I think it would probably be wrong to try to do a 100% implementation of
|String#upcase, downcase & casecmp etc, because of the complexity and the
|fact that performance is likely to be poor. Perhaps ultimately someone
|could develop a library to deal with non-ascii case conversion specially,
|which could be used when necessary?

I agree with you here.  I'd like to seek the line where we can make
most of us happy for most of the cases.  I am not sure yet that
limiting case conversion for ASCII only is the sought line.  Beyond
that line, full featured (nearly perfect but maybe slower) case
conversion library will do.

							matz.