On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 01:52:58AM +0900, Austin Ziegler wrote:
> I'm trying to check out the latest Ruby CVS on Windows, and I'm getting the
> following. Please advise:
>
> In C:\home\Projects\Ruby\_dist\ruby: cvs -q --lf update -d -P
> lib/rexml/encodings
> CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous / cvs.ruby-lang.org:/src
>
> U lib/rexml/encodings/SHIFT-JIS.rb
> U lib/rexml/encodings/SHIFT_JIS.rb
> C lib/rexml/encodings/Shift-JIS.rb
> C lib/rexml/encodings/Shift_JIS.rb
> cvs update: move away lib/rexml/encodings/Shift-JIS.rb; it is in the way
> cvs update: move away lib/rexml/encodings/Shift_JIS.rb; it is in the way
>
> Error, CVS operation failed
File systems supported in Windows are caseless -- contrary to most of
their analogues in UNIX-like systems.

I would suggest to add ability to alias charsets in REXML to avoid such
problems -- then one charset module (shift-jis.rb) would handle all four
name schemes.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Samba Team                      http://www.samba.org/